Skip to main content


To volunteer with KVFR give us a call at: (509) 933-7231
Welcome to the Kittitas Valley Fire and Rescue (KVFR) website. We appreciate the opportunity to serve Kittitas Valley community and welcome questions and input.

Burn Ban Information

The burn ban in Kittitas County became effective Friday, June 29, 2018 at midnight. The burn ban will remain in place until roughly September 30, 2018 and bans all open burning and recreational fires. There are two exceptions to the ban at this time:

  • Agricultural burns permitted through the Department of Ecology.
  • Barbecues, and
  • Enclosed, freestanding fireplaces with screens, similar to the pictures below.

Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Burn Ban Information

DNR uses burn restrictions and when conditions warrant, a Commissioner Order Burn Ban, as a tool to reduce human-caused wildfires during extremely hot and dry weather conditions. When a burn restriction is in place, it prohibits outdoor fires on all state, county, city, and private land under DNR fire protection, including all state forests, DNR-managed forestlands and DNR campgrounds. Contained fuel sources such as propane barbeques, grills and fire pits are allowed. You can track daily burn restrictions in each Washington County at or call 509/925-8510.

Contract the DNR to see if target shooting is allowed during a burn ban.

Bureau of Land Management (BLM)

The Bureau of Land Management has issued a Fire Restrictions Order for lands administered by the Spokane District Bureau of Land Management as of 12:01am on July 17, 2018 in multiple Eastern Washington counties. You can find the press release and restrictions at

US Forest Service

Current campfire restrictions in the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest can be found on their website:

WA Burn Bans is an additional web site where you can find air quality and fire safety burn ban information for Washington State. The web address is

KVFR's Public Records Officer:
Shannon Hill
400 East Mtn. View Ellensburg, WA 98926

Business Hours
8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Tel: (509) 933-7231

Public Records Request Form