Burn Ban Status:OFF
The fire safety burn ban has been lifted. Here are the regulations for KVFR jurisdiction.
Inside the City of Ellensburg/Urban Growth Area: You must stop by St. 29 to be issued a permit or apply for one online. There is no cost for this permit, and it is valid for 90 days. Permits requested Monday through Friday will be processed in 24 hours or less. Permits submitted on the weekend will be processed on the following business day.
- Recreational fire limited to 3’ X 3’ X 2’. Firewood or Charcoal briquettes only.
- Agriculture burns. Some ditch lines inside the city serve agricultural purposes and may be burned.
- Ceremonial Fires- Flag etc...
The City of Kittitas: The City regulates burning inside the city limits. Call 509.968.0220 for information.
Outside of the City of Ellensburg/Urban Growth Area: A permit is obtained by calling 509.933.7233 and listening to the message. You must leave your name, address and phone number.
- Organic Material limited through 4’ X 4’ X 3’ pile maximum. (No Construction/Garbage)
- Large Pile Burn (in excess of the 4’ X 4’X 3’). You MUST contact 509.933.7233 or 509.933.7235 to speak to one of the Chiefs to obtain permission.
- Field Burns Less than 1 acre individually or cumulatively.
- Organic material along fence lines or irrigation ditches.
Things NEVER allowed:
- Burn barrels
- Non-organic material (garbage, plastics, tires or construction debris).
Burn Safety Requirements:
- Have enough water/equipment on site to extinguish any fire.
- Monitor the fire from ignition to extinguishment. Never leave the fire unattended.
- Have clearance from any combustible exposures & structures: 25 feet for recreational fires; 15 feet for fire appliance, portable or fixed.
- Ignition must occur without the use of flammable/combustible liquids.
- Monitor the wind and if it is blowing greater than 10 mph, consider not burning
please call 509.933.7233 or 509.933.7234.